Monthly Archives: May 2013

Where is the line?

line-in-the-sandFirst of all, Christians need to be honest with themselves. If they haven’t as much believed God in getting rid of a “cold”, they should not expect to be healed of cancer. This doesn’t mean they can’t come to that point of faith, but what they must realize is the capacity they’ve developed is all the capacity they have to believe for. This may sound like heresy, but you do realize that faith is absolutely essential. Our capacity of faith is increased as we trust and believe in God in small and great matters. As we believe in Him for the small things, we will start believing in Him for the bigger things. 

#1 Faith makes healing possible because a human being “accepts” that God can heal.

#2 When a person “accepts” that as truth, they will inevitably believe God can heal them. When they know God can heal them, they will be healed.

Conditions (must be met): God moves based on faith. You can even be an unbeliever, but if you believe God can heal you and accept that, you will be healed. Why? Because man has a free-will. MAN HAS A CHOICE. God cannot take that choice away. If God healed you without you accepting He can heal you and trusting Him to heal you, He would be taking away your FREE CHOICE. You must CHOOSE to accept and believe He can heal you. Otherwise, He would be a liar to invade our free-will by exercising His authority over us.

Now think about it, to really know something means you actually believe it. Many, many Christians have not made this a stronghold in their life, that God can and does heal, and because of that, as sincere and compassionate a Christian you are, God cannot heal you. Why? Doesn’t sound fair? What kind of God is that?

Those are all wrong questions to ask. How long can we remain to be so naïve? Has God not said, “I have given you the authority to cast out demons, heal the sick and preach the Good News.” Now wait a minute, if He gave us the ‘authority,’ what more remains? It remains our duty and accountability to use this authority for our healing. In a sense, “God is no longer in control” but we are His ambassadors. A diplomat that is sent from his home country does not keep telephoning back home to get resources, a car for transportation, hotel tickets, or intel. A diplomat has been prepared from home and has all that he needs to properly represent his home country. Christians are the ambassadors of the Kingdom of God. We have all that we need, equipped to represent Christ, in power and authority. We have the authority to heal!

To speak frankly, I must say a few things. Christians must use wisdom when it comes to seeking medical attention in emergencies. A great man of God himself once said, “If there would be no doctors, all the Christians would be dead by now.” Though humorous, I agree with that statement. God has blessed human kind to understand the biology of the body and quite frankly, because many do not believe in the power of God to be healed, they must seek medical attention. What good are you to yourself or God if you are dead and gone from this earth. You will no longer be able to serve your purpose as God has destined.

No one can really answer that question with a set protocol on what to do because you alone know your capacity to believe in God and ability to discern His voice. I say discernment because I honestly believe God will, at times, call you to go to the hospital or seek professional help. Now what am I exactly saying here? Don’t get me wrong, I tell people to hope in the perfection of God more than anything else! I tell them that though their children might not be saved- in God’s perfect will… they would be saved. Though they die from disease- in God’s perfect will… they wouldn’t die from disease. Having said that, God foresees your capacity and ability to believe in Him. This is where one must use wisdom in His ability to discern God’s voice and understanding his own relationship with God. If the individual doesn’t know the difference between God’s voice and his empty stomach, then I would seriously advise that individual to seek medical attention when need be. People simply have to realize “what they sow, they will reap.” If they spend their time doing whatever pleases them, living however they please, breaking their promises, and just carrying on with life in any manner, they will reap exactly that!

On the other hand, an individual who sows into trusting God day-by-day will reap that in many folds. Days will come when “hell breaks loose” for whatever reason in his life, but his trust in God will sustain him, because he didn’t spend his time foolishly but he spent his time seeking God, loving God, developing that capacity to believe and hear God’s voice. When tragedy strikes, that person will clearly be able to hear God speak to Him,

“Be still for I am with you… This is what you must do… This is what is happening… I will carry you… I’ve got you… Fear not for I am with you…”

In other words, this individual will know what is going on and he will know what to do. As one minister once told me, “God is clear. He doesn’t try to confuse us. He speaks clearly.”

Dedicated to my aunt Angela, full of wisdom 

Advertisements
Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,