Monthly Archives: January 2013

If you don’t believe what God has already spoken, what’s the point of God speaking to you?

Handing over keys on blue skyIf you don’t believe the principles and truths of God’s Word, where is the justification in God speaking to you?

I am not saying that He will not speak to you anymore, but there is no point! If you don’t believe what God has already spoken (which will set you free) what good are other words to you from God’s mouth? If you don’t make a heart decision to just believe what you read in the Bible and move forward with it, how will you believe if God speaks something else to you concerning what to do next in your job, ministry, or family? What’s the point I ask again, If you don’t believe what has been spoken and holds true, but cannot manifest because you don’t make a decision by faith to believe.

Believe then understand, don’t try to understand and then believe. It will not work. God is invisible to the physical eye. The Word of God is Spirit. Spirit can only be accessed by faith which is renewing the mind by believing the Word of God by faith.

Give faith a chance. Have you found anything else that works in this life? I don’t need to wait for your answer, I can just look since the dawn of man, and I find no other answer to life than faith in God. The greatest phenomenon in the world is the ignorance of the reality of God.

Do you want to be led by the voice of God continually/daily? Well then, start with the Word which has already been spoken. His mouth has been open since the beginning speaking us into existence. His mouth has not closed. He is still speaking today. But how can you expect to hear His voice if you don’t take the first step in believing what He has already spoken?

What will I liken the voice of God to? Imagine a friend of yours that always encourages you. He picks you up every time He encounters you. After every encounter, you feel satisfied and complete. However, as soon as you leave your Friend’s presence, you are met by all the others in your life, whom tell you the opposite. Every time you fall, they remind you what a failure you are. They keep you in check and speak hurtful things regarding your life. They speak much defeat to you. You listen to their words and don’t make any decision to ignore them. Their words pierce to your heart and leave you depressed and hurt, wondering why things are the way they are.

The next day you see this Friend who receives you with a big smile and hug that moves you to tears. You tell Him what all your other “friends” said, you lay it all out for him. He listens attentively with eyes full of compassion and tears. You start thinking to yourself, ‘Even this Friend understands life is not fair and feels sorry for me,’ and you sigh, wondering how you will ever make it. This Friend lifts your head up and says, “Friend, I cry because you didn’t believe what I told you. What I spoke to you is truth and lives inside you. What your friends spoke is what they see out of their ignorance. Nothing has changed. What I spoke to you is still true.” Now the friend realizes that if he would to ever overcome all that is said by other people, he would have to continue to believe everything this Friend told him.

God’s words never changed for you. He still knows you’re beautiful. He knows what he made you to be. He knows that if you will only hold His words true to your heart, then you will overcome everything that comes against you. There is nothing anyone can say that will hurt you if you anchor yourself in the Word of God. This is a spiritual transformation. Don’t try to understand how it’s possible to not be offended by people, because humanly it’s impossible. It is the spirit that needs to dominate your flesh, at which point, you will become supernaturally free.  Believe the Word of God for your life and you will start hearing him personally every day.

Who else will we go to, you have the words of eternal life (John 6:68). Let God be God; Let Him make your life beautiful. Without Him, you will only make a mess.

Advertisements
Tagged , , , , ,

Why God Wants You Wealthy

build_wealthBeing rich is not selfish. Wanting to be rich is not selfish either. God’s Word defines “prosperity” by the following verse:

May you have enough to abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

It is very simple. Under scripture, prosperity is defined as having enough not only to tithe, but to support a ministry, sponsor a child, give to Godly charities, and so on. “Every good work,” is anything that has to do with the expansion of the Kingdom.

When your priority with finances is to expand the Kingdom of God, get ready to handle a lot of money. God is seeking stewards He can trust. How do you suppose God channels money to His servants? By His people. Did you assume God created the US currency out of thin air? Can He? Of course He can but God is bound by his own Word. He is not a liar, therefore  He will not counterfeit the US currency. Furthermore, He is limited to man’s obedience. He needs us to fulfill His purposes! If you cannot agree with this, then why are you still alive? Do you live merely for your own pleasure? We were made for His pleasure. In Him, we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28). We are called His servants, because we have been given a purpose to spread His kingdom! (Matthew 28:16)

God wants you wealthy because He wants to use you as a channel of finances towards His work. We are His stewards. God will use other people and open doors for you to receive money. The more money you receive, the more will be used for Kingdom work. The underlying question is, “Do you care for the Kingdom of God?”

The Bible speaks heavily on being a “giver” and to be “generous” in all our ways. “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” One of the reasons is because the “giver” always has more than the “receiver” (Acts 20:35). Once you learn to give, you will never be concerned about “receiving.” He desires us to imitate Him and Oh how rich He is! He lavishes His gifts upon us! We will never surpass His generosity, but we are to pursue His nature! He is a giver who always has enough. He wants His children to learn how, “Daddy does it!”

Many claim it is selfish to be rich. Is it selfish to feed the poor and clothe the needy? Is it selfish to help those in need?

Think about it, if you had wealth, how much more people can you bless! The question again is, “Can He trust you with the wealth?” Only you know the answer to that. He is your just Judge; He knows the intents and motives of your heart.

If your heart is set on God’s Kingdom and on the priority to give to His work, you will always have enough for yourself. God will use you as a channel and there will be more than enough to meet your needs and desires. He doesn’t demand your lack, but His priority is His Kingdom! You are a part of that Kingdom! He commissions you to extend the grace and love that was so freely given you.

Learn to give and you will learn to be rich. But as soon as you turn your hand back from giving, you are going against God’s principles. His love and mercy is not contingent upon your generosity, but your generosity is contingent upon your heart. What you do in your life is a direct result of what lives inside of you. If generous, love reigns.

Think of yourself as a channel and steward. You are the middle man between God and His work on earth. Those who stay away from money and are content with what they have, are right in being content, but you should seek more wealth for the primary reason of giving to the work of God.

Do you see “selfishness” in that?

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Hungry Soul

ImageWhat satisfies one’s soul?

The answer may shock you. Anything can satisfy your soul. We will always search for satisfaction. Satisfaction can be found in sin. This however is a short-lived and regenerative quench. It will make you hunger more and more. You will become addicted to sin, because it causes your thirst and appetite to increase. Not only does sin attach itself to you and becomes an addiction, but sin starves your soul. Though sin seems to satisfy one’s soul, it is in fact emptying it out, creating a stronger hunger. Therefore, sin does two things. It makes one hungrier and leaving the soul with an addiction, causes the individual to desperately fill his or her hunger in the quickest way, by sinning once more.

I am not speaking about a sexual sin specifically. I am speaking about the idols we hold to in our lives. Sin can be your quick temper. Sin can be your obsessiveness with fitness. Sin can be as simple as following the crowd. Sin is simply going contrary to faith and trust in God.

One may argue that they do not sin. My friend, if you are not being fully satisfied in the love of God, you are in sin. If you are not abiding in the love of God, you are abiding elsewhere. Deadly sin or not, you belong to your Father who art in heaven! Live as a child of God ought to. There is no “ifs, ands or butts,” if you are not in faith, you are in doubt. Sin is simply unbelief in Jesus Christ, whom the Father sent as a sacrifice for our sins. At the end of this age, it will not necessarily be a matter of the weight of your sin, but the weight of your defense. In the eyes of God, there is only One qualified to stand as an Intercessor. He is your defense attorney who has never lost a case! (Carman)

The question however remains to be that the soul is hungry. It must be filled with something. If one isn’t be satisfied by the love of God, they will be seeking and searching an output for their hunger. But real and permanent satisfaction will only occur when we fill the source of the hunger.

The hunger of your soul sources from the innate desire to know and be with God. Do you realize you are a designed creation! Do you realize you were in fact made by God, for God! You were not always a sinner, empty-handed. You were once experiencing the fullness of His glory as He permitted! This divine state that you were created in is the hunger of your soul! You have this innate desire to know God, because you once knew God! Though man was stripped of His righteousness through disobedience, it has been returned to us by way of Jesus Christ!

Knowing God is not merely knowledge about God. Knowing God is experiencing a new birth through the Spirit of God! Thus forth, it is having an ever-increasing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 3:18). The knowledge of God is satisfaction; it meets the true definition of satisfaction- contentment. There is no other fulfillment that will cause us to be content. No other pleasure will bring us contentment, because every other pleasure, if not ultimately satisfied by the love of God, will arouse more hunger. Sin has a whiplash effect; it causes immediate hunger. Sin starves the soul! If we understood this truth, why would we ever entertain the thought of sin. To the Christian, it is a very contrary lifestyle. Don’t wonder why you feel spiritually stale if you are entertaining sin. Once again, bear in mind, sin is any idol in one’s life. It is simply unbelief; it is trying to fill our hunger with other pleasures. This can be anything, not necessarily evil, as we tend to associate sin with. If you feed the flesh, you will starve the spirit, but if you starve the flesh, you feed the spirit!

At the well in Sycher, Jesus met a Samaritan woman (John 4). He asked her if she wanted to drink from a well that never runs dry (my paraphrase). He offered her a water that would make her content. “Whoever drinks the water that I give, will never thirst again” (John 4:13). She replied with great wonder, “Sir, give me this water, so that I won’t get thirsty (John 4:15). Jesus assuredly told her, “I am He, the living water!” (John 4:26). Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior is where you will find the end of your hungry soul.

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

A Word in Every Season

ImageUnderstanding the season you are in reveals the word God has placed in your heart. Every child of God carries a particular word in any given season. A word can be a revelation, an affirmation, a promise, a scripture, etc. This word first grows in your heart, changing you, but then it is for the edifying of the saints.

To illustrate this, we all know certain individuals that at one point or another repeated the same revelation or word, over and over. I used to find this very irritating, but the Lord said to me, “I have given that individual a word that has to be released; how he or she releases it is through their own personality.” In that instance, I understood one of the ways God fulfills His purposes on earth. He places a word in every individual for every season’s purpose.

You have a word that needs to be released and shared with others today. You may be releasing it, not aware. You may be conducting yourself in a way that is speaking to someone, yet you are unconscious of. The take-away here is that every child of God has a plan and a purpose that is connected to the body of Christ for edification. If we don’t walk in our callings, we are missing out on blessing others as well as ourselves.

The Kingdom of God surely advances, but as mentioned earlier, your part in it depends on your cooperation. We are here for each other; God uses us for one another’s benefit. Be aware of your influence, because wherever you go, you are influencing others. Don’t be concerned with how God will bring His will to pass, because He always does. He has even spoken through unbelievers to carry out His will. There are mentions in scripture when the Holy Spirit spoke through various unbelievers and even a donkey.  He is greater than we can ever imagine; His ways are perfect. Nevertheless, let us live as open vessels for the cause of Christ, releasing the word He has given us in every season. Do not concern yourself with the word you need to share, but simply love Jesus, and follow your heart. When you love Jesus with all your heart, your life will fall seamlessly into God’s perfect will.

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,