Monthly Archives: December 2012

The Standard Christian Epidemic

01In my new book, “The Standard Christian Epidemic,” I expose the hypocritical Christian way of life that is so widespread today. The basis of the book is the Word of God itself. Behind every experience and revelation, I point to what the Word of God says. The book challenges every Christian to go back and re-evaluate their lives in light of His Word and the Holy Spirit. The Standard Christian Epidemic is simply a concept that states Christians will not have successful Christian lives if they live their lives basing their experiences and expectations on what other Christians have experienced. My call to Christians is to look upon Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. He alone is deemed worthy and qualified to represent Christianity. In all our ways, we need to acknowledge and believe upon Him, because He can do exceedingly more than you can ever think or ask (Ephesians 3:20)

A look inside the book: 

Chapter 5 The Standard Christian Epidemic 

The error lies in this: we claim Jesus as God, but we accept other Christians’ experiences as “the way it is.” Who has deceived you into such thinking? There is no greater crime against Christianity than to label it by any other name than the name of Jesus Christ. He said, I am the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6). The Standard Christian Epidemic is Christians relating to one another through their victories and defeats. For example, you can look at me today, teaching the Word of God, and be affirmed in the truth of the Gospel but if the following year, my life goes downhill, and you are discouraged in your own faith, then you are misled. You cannot build your altar on anyone else but Jesus. He is your sacrifice and He is the one found worthy to be your ransom. It is His life that was qualified to die for you, not mine or anyone else’s. Jesus never expected us to walk the Christian life relying on other Christians. Jesus Christ is Christianity. There is nothing in the Word of God written about trusting other Christians and their experiences. Nowhere does God tell us to get through life by holding onto one another. The answer is simple; Jesus is the only one who conquered the world and lives today making intercession on our behalf (Romans 8:34). If you don’t make Jesus the focal point of your life, your Christianity will suffer. There is no Christianity without Christ. He has to stay the main point. It is only when you begin to look to the right and left that you begin to stumble in your walk with God but if you keep your eyes steadfast upon Him, you will walk on water. 

If not for Jesus Christ, I would have left Christianity a long time ago. There are many Christians that live hypocritical lives and the world mocks Christianity because of it. But to the world I say, let every man fall, but the One who I believe in represents His own name. His name is Jesus Christ. He alone represents Christianity; He shares His glory with no man (Isaiah 42:8). He is the one who saves, preserves and delivers. If someone has wronged you, don’t mistake that for Jesus. Your father, mother, brother, sister or anyone else for that matter does not represent Jesus Christ. Jesus represents Himself; no one else can be Jesus in your life, but Jesus Himself. Therefore don’t allow Satan to deceive you into religion. He will trick you into believing evil acts are of God. He has convinced many that it is God who brings evil to our world. Satan indeed is the father of all lies (John 8:44). Religion says God punishes us by sending natural disasters or other woes. Religion teaches that God makes us sick to teach us a lesson. Can a kingdom divided against itself stand? Would God use Satan’s devices and the very thing that He hates, sin, to discipline the children He loves? Does your natural father call his enemies to discipline you when you step out of line? Your natural parents would never do such a thing. They would discipline you themselves, because it is their right, responsibility and love that will change you. It is so with God; He changes us through His Word. He teaches and matures us through His Word. If we place God somewhere in the middle of using evil, we are denying both truths that Satan is evil and God is good. Our God is an absolute God. His Word makes many such absolute statements. His Word declares He is a good and loving Father. Study the many names of God to get a better picture of who He really is. If God truly did use evil to teach us then Jesus would have made everyone ill rather than heal all who came to Him.

Great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all. Matthew 12:15

Apart from healing, there are natural disasters that people claim are acts of God. Yet natural disasters weren’t even brought up in the Bible. The storm at sea that Jesus rebuked was not necessarily God trying to kill people at sea rather it was the natural cycle of the earth. If we assume storms, droughts, hurricanes, etc. are of God, then we are saying that Jesus was trying to kill Himself at sea. One can claim that maybe God caused the storm, so that Jesus could bring glory to Himself by exercising His authority over it, but even this doesn’t really illustrate like that in the story. Jesus was sound asleep and didn’t wake up until the disciples woke Him up. This was one of those things that just came up and when it did, Jesus did exercise His authority. Instead of thanking God for the storm, He turned to His disciples and rebuked their lack of faith. Jesus made no mention of this being a part of God’s plan. I am making no claim that it was or wasn’t, but I am observing how Jesus looked at it. To Him, it appeared to be a normal every-day thing that He didn’t even flinch at. This can lead us to make the assumption that Jesus understood storms came and went and had no agenda from God to kill people rather when sin entered the world, the earth itself was cursed, no longer being the earth God created it to be. Sin became a natural cycle of the earth. Sin brought corruption and death everywhere. Before Adam’s sin, creation was lively and vibrant but when sin came into the world it tainted everything. The point I am making is that it is not God who brings chaos to the world. God’s Kingdom brings order. He commanded us to bring His kingdom to earth. It is our job to represent God as Jesus represented God by healing the sick, delivering the captive, and preaching the Kingdom… Continued in book

Chapter 6 Seasons

In every season of our life, God is at work. Every season has a purpose before God. You will be greatly blessed if you recognize and accept this reality. It will put your life into perspective; you will begin to realize how to live in every season. The Bible speaks often about it. 

To everything, there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven… He has made everything beautiful in its time. Eccl. 3:1; 11

What I have seen in my life are the many seasons people pass by without discerning and living that season’s purpose. Many people do not choose to accept the responsibility and calling that God has placed on their lives. They believe if they ignore the calling, then they waive any personal responsibility placed on them but the truth is that if you ignore your calling, you make a conscious decision to do so while others make a conscious decision to accept their calling. Those that understand what God is doing are those that will flourish in every season. They will live content, eager, and expectant of God. It is not a matter of waiting for a season, for God has said in His Word that He daily adds to us. 

Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation! Psalm 68:19

Each and every day is a day in your season that can be lived out in perfection and favor. We have heard it said, “God is more interested in the destination.” That being true does not take away from the fact He is just as much interested in the details of our lives. Every day has meaning and purpose. It is to your benefit to live each day’s agenda as God desires. He makes all things good in their time. Don’t buy into the fact that your good thing is coming, so in the meantime you simply wait for it to come. He has an ever-increasing abundance for your life. This is in regards to spiritual and physical blessings. There is specific timing for certain gifts from God, but He is not at all interested in your complacency for those gifts. He wants you to grow in the knowledge of Him and all the while reaping His benefits. If He has made a promise to your life, don’t make it the focal point of your life. Don’t let it tie you down from everything else God wants to bless you with. When you do obsess over gifts, you are serving not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but the god of self. I personally believe God will withhold further or certain blessings if you don’t steward properly the ones He already gave you. If He blesses you with a dream job and it takes over your life, what good has come of it? God was trying to satisfy you and give you your heart’s desire, but you turned it for evil. Not only will this hinder God’s work any further in your life, but you will be dissatisfied with what you already have. We will be set free when we realize God makes everything perfect in its time. We will enjoy what we currently have, knowing He makes each day new…  Continued in book 

Get your copy today! http://TheSCEbook.com

Advertisements
Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,